A good hover mower, like the Hover Vac 280, cuts the grass from above using a rotating cutting disc, and in doing so also creates a cushion of air between the lawnmower and the grass, meaning it can be swung around in any direction. This makes good hover mowers much more manoeuvrable than most rotary mowers.
What is the advantage of a hover mower?
Because hover mowers ‘float’ on a cushion of air, this enables them to be moved in all directions including side to side. This makes mowing the lawn quick and easy, especially for those that just want to cut the grass as quickly as possible.
Are hover mowers worth it?
Although hover lawn mowers don’t always offer the same amount of power as their rotary counterparts, they still offer a range of other benefits. So if you have a small yard and are looking for something compact, lightweight, and maneuverable, a hover mower is worth considering.
Is a hover mower good for uneven ground?
As another rotary style mower, hover lawn mowers also deals well with long coarse grass. Perfect for a city garden, electric hovers are versatile, small and lightweight for easy storage. They cope well on uneven ground and some models are even capable of operating at a 45º angle, ideal for banked gardens.
Which type of mower is best?
The 7 best lawn mowers for every kind of lawn in 2021
- Best battery-powered push lawn mower: Greenworks. …
- Best gas-powered push lawn mower: Craftsman. …
- Best electric lawn mower for large lawns: Greenworks. …
- Best electric lawn mower for small lawns: BLACK+DECKER. …
- Best self-propelled lawn mower: Honda.
Do hover mowers cut well?
Some hover mowers have grass collection bags, like the Qualcast Hover Collect, but most don’t, and they often don’t work as well as they could. … If you want a mower that will give you a perfect cut – because the grass is pushed away from the blade by the air, they can sometimes result in an inferior cut.
Can you mow wet grass with a hover mower?
Cutting your lawn when it’s wet is never recommended if you plan on using an electric lawnmower. As the saying goes: water and electricity never mix! … Wet grass makes this very difficult, as it is much heavier than dry grass.
How good are Flymos?
It can cope with all terrains but has a limited cut height range so it’s best on already trim lawns. The handle flexes up or down so its great for users of any height. Adjusting the height of cut is fiddly though – having to unscrew the blade and spacers every time is slow.
Which lawn mower is best for uneven garden?
Top 5 Best Lawn Mower for Uneven Ground
- PowerSmart Lawn Mower, 21-inch & 170CC, Gas Powered Self-propelled Lawn Mower My Top Pick.
- Greenworks 40V 20 inch Brushless Dual Port Lawn Mower Best High-End.
- LawnMaster MEB1116K Electric Lawn Mower 16-Inch Top Contender.
Are flymo any good?
The Flymo Turbo 400 is a good quality lawn mower from Flymo’s hover mower range. If you’re not too bothered about an excellent standard of finish and you just want something which is reliable and will get the job done in a variety of conditions, then this model is well worth your consideration.
Which is the best hover mower?
Best hover mower
- Flymo Turbo Lite 250 Electric Hover Lawnmower. …
- Flymo Hover Vac 280 Electric Hover Collect Lawn Mower. …
- Flymo Hover Vac 250 Electric Hover Collect Lawnmower. …
- Flymo Easi Glide 330VX Electric Hover Collect Lawn Mower. …
- Flymo TurboLite 400 Electric Hover Lawn Mower. …
- Flymo XL500 Petrol Hover Lawn Mower.
Can you get a cordless hover mower?
The ideal mower for maintaining sloped and irregular-shaped gardens, the Cobra AirMow 51 80V is the first cordless hover mower available in the UK. Employing two 40V 5Ah lithium-ion batteries which power the 80V brushless mower, the mower literally floats on a cushion of air whilst cutting the grass.
What type of lawn mowers do landscapers use?
Most commercial landscape companies use zero-turn riding mowers, which are fast (mowing up 36 hp), offer wide cutting paths (up to 72 inches) and can turn on a dime (thus the name, zero-turn).
What is the most reliable brand of lawn mower?
The Lifestory Research 2020 America’s Most Trusted® Lawn Mower Brand Study identified John Deere as the most trusted brand among people considering the purchase of a lawn mower. John Deere generated a Net Trust Quotient Score of 111.5 and the 5 Star Trust Rating among people actively shopping a lawn mower.
What mowers do professionals use?
The Best Commercial Lawn Mowers
- SCAG Turf Tiger II. This zero-turn has a sleek look, a comfortable seat, and deck sizes ranging from 52” to 72” – it’s a great option for wide-open spaces. …
- SCAG V-Ride II. …
- Toro 2000 Series. …
- Wright ZK-1 Stand-On Mower. …
- Ferris ISX 3300 Zero Turn Mower.